Pages

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Big Star Block Quilt

So almost a year later from my last post I post yet again, I think this is one thing I will have to change.
So over a year ago I was asked by my ex boss, if I could take a look at her quilt and see if I could fix it.

Once I saw it I knew it was beyond repair. So I told her that she shouldn't have washed it so many times and if it needs to be washed that bad then put it on the gentle cycle and hopefully with no agitators either.
So I took the quilt home that day when I was done work and started ripping out what blocks could be saved. Her mother-in-law had made this quilt for her and her son.

So the one plan I had for it was this block
http://www.quilterscache.com/L/LogCabinPinwheelBlock.html

I thought since the originals were a log cabin, so I started making one block and that wasn't going well as  I wanted it too or it wasn't really into that block after all.
So I just put it done for a bit and did something else, when I could between work and tending to the grandson.
So by the end of last year and start of this year I was in swap in one of the many groups I have joined on Facebook. So what we end up swapping was this block and it was quick and easy and that is when I realized that I would use these blocks to make the quilt top for the ex boss.

http://youtu.be/Tkm3nCferp4
I now can say the quilt top is done and is ready to be basted come tomorrow and then after that it will be hand quilting which will be a new experience for me. So in between doing that and trying to get some knitting and crocheting done too for selling and Christmas gifts, its going to be a busy winter.

So I can't wait to get started on this tomorrow, all I know is that the end is in sight now!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment